Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'I may come to Madrid again... as a tourist'

After his loss to Dominic Thiem on Friday, Roger Federer was asked if we will see him again in Madrid. "As a tourist, maybe", replied the Swiss. "As a tennis player, maybe. I've no idea. I don't know what my clay court plans are for next year. But I enjoy playing here. I had a great week. People couldn't have been friendlier to me. I thought I played good. I have good memories from this place, so of course, I can see myself coming back, but I don't know at this point."

Federer takes what's positive from Madrid week: "I feel very good about my game. I thought I had some good matches here, you know, especially last two. First one was good to get into it. And obviously, Gael and Dominic are tough on the clay so it was a good battle. I feel good on the clay right now."

In an interview in Rome, Toni Nadal commented on his work ethic with his nephew Rafael. The 58-year-old said: "I wanted Rafa to be strict with himself. It was my way to do things. I always coached Rafa being close to him. When he was hitting, I was near to him so that he could notice the pressure, because I wanted to have the ultimate attention. I always coached Rafael with questions. I wanted him to ask himself, Why do I miss the ball, Why did I miss that shot, Why does it happen, Why does this player beat me, Why am I not good enough. I did not want him to depend on me. I always spoke a lot to him. I was speaking a lot also when I was on the box in the courts. And umpires used to tell Rafael: 'Tell your uncle that he would shut up", he said making the crowd laugh.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2vQMjtL

No comments