Breaking News

Thiem: 'Wins over Roger Federer in Indian Wells, Madrid were amazing'

In a press conference Dominic Thiem commented on what makes him tough to beat for Roger Federer. The Austrian player, after his win in Madrid, has now defeated the Swiss on clay, grass and hard. Thiem said: "I think the grass court win was in his bad year when he had injuries, so I don't really count that one. But this year, of course, Indian Wells, and also now, was amazing. And I think my strokes, I can hurt him with my strokes, especially on his backhand. And facing him, it always requires my absolute best game and also a little bit luck, which I both had in Indian Wells and also here, and that's why I won these two matches.

On how it felt to be 4-2 down on the first set, Thiem added: "That was a tough moment because that was the first break, the first time I got broke so of course it was tough. I mean, I knew how not tough it was to break him, but it was also one break in the third set I made. And the thing was that he hit two really good returns to get to Love-30 and then, like, my mentality was again from being a bit down, straight up, and that was really good for me. The test today was huge and tomorrow is a different game, of course. But I was playing Novak last year and two years ago and he was not at his best I guess, and now he is again. He's won the last three Slams and he is at the top of the ranking again. So the challenge couldn't be bigger. And it's, of course, a very tough tournament because I only faced so good players and tomorrow is another one. So I'll try to keep up my good momentum which I have now and give my best again."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2HeWa2P

No comments