Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'I was able to build pressure against Oscar Otte'

Roger Federer could have won his match against Oscar Otte in an easier way if he had converted some of the break points he had.

The Swiss said: "It really always depends also how sometimes the match-ups are or how many opportunities do you get? How do they play on them? The thing, when you play against somebody like Otte who I have never seen play before really, except on some videos, you don't exactly know his patterns, even though you're told, you know, he maybe prefers this over that. But then that doesn't mean a thing in important moments. So sometimes it just works out, you win that point, you know, on the break point or he helps you out and he second-guesses himself or tries too hard or you play a good point in that very moment. I think that's what happened a little bit. I was able to build pressure, I was able to create 15-40 leads quite a few times to break. It wasn't just a 30-40 lead where it feels like he can get out of it quickly. You have to work for it at 15-40. I think for a lower-ranked guy against a top guy on a big court, you're looking all of a sudden at like, Oh, this is not going to work out. That's all you need as a top guy. I think I was just able to keep the pressure on by holding my serves and then with my variety and experience, I guess today it worked well on the big points. But that's always the goal is trying to do the right things when it's important. But you can't always control that."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2WEWkt7

No comments