Breaking News

Roger Federer plays on clay in order to be at his best in Wimbledon- Pundit

In an interview to Sky Sport, the former world No. 12 Paolo Bertolucci commented on Roger Federer coming back to play on clay for the first time since 2016 Rome. "Last year he understood he took a too long break, he has not played well in Wimbledon, he lost and he felt the need to play some more matches, that's why he plays on clay", said the Italian. "Then he is a great champion, he will try to win, to go far as most as possible but everything to perform at his best in Wimbledon. Considering his age, no one has a better schedule than Roger as for tournaments and the management of every match. Thanks to his enormous technique, more than running himself, he makes his opponents run. He never makes you hit two same balls and every once you have to solve an issue. You get tired mentally and physically. He is not a great defender but having the quality and the chance to be able to lead the rallies and handle his body in a proper way, I rarely saw him struggling physically."

Last year Federer won Stuttgart title and lost the Halle final, then in Wimbledon, he lost to Kevin Anderson in a five-set quarter-final.

In an interview to Marca David Ferrer commented on how coinciding in the same era as Rafael Nadal influenced him as a player and person. "It brought me a lot. I always say that thank to Nadal I was a better player and I do not tell that to feel okay with him because I do not need that. I say it because he was a very ambitious player, who won and wanted to win again and that made me evolve as a person. I beat him sometimes but Rafa is better than me on many aspects and the curriculum shows it."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2V70uoN

No comments