Breaking News

Roger Federer ready to play five sets matches at the French Open

In a press conference in Paris, Roger Federer spoke about the nice things he feels when he is in the French Open. "I've always enjoyed playing here. It's definitely the Grand Slam that's been closest to my home in Basel. It's not that far to take the car or train to come here. You know, I played the juniors here back in '98. I got a wildcard in '99, 20 years ago. I played Pat Rafter on Suzanne Lenglen. My memories go way back. Of course, I remember vividly the Martina Hingis-Steffi Graf match because Martina was basically my age and she was doing things, didn't know how she did it, but at a young age while I was still in diapers basically but the same age as her she was No. 1 in the world. My memories go to that or Jim Courier winning the French Open. Those were the times I was playing junior tournaments in Switzerland at this time of the year on clay, and we would follow the French Open on TV, and then one day I was part of the fabric and of course 10 years ago being able to win it, that was a dream come true. So that was nice."

Federer feels confident ahead of playing the best of five sets matches: "I think I have been able to train hard enough and also got the necessary tough matches in Madrid and Rome, more than I would have liked to, but I guess we like saving match points or trying to lose with match points. But no, I really feel like playing under the pressure and playing with the nerves was important for me so I feel totally ready."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Wlwx98

No comments