Breaking News

Roger Federer recalls epic six-hour walk before 2017 Australian Open

As mentioned in Rene Stauffer's book, Roger Federer recalled when he went for a mountain walk in December prior to the Australian Open when he was coming back from a knee injury. "It was six hours of climb. That was not exactly smart, but it was the final test for my knee. Everyone, including Mirka and my daughters, was cramping the day after, but I was doing well. If I was okay, I thought, the knee could not be doing bad anymore," said Federer.

The 37-year-old also recalled when he thought of creating the Laver Cup: "We were in Shanghai, on the way to the hotel, when I woke up because my back was firing up." It was because of the sun. Then his agent added: "He met Rod Laver that night. He told me, Do you know that in an exhibition match one night I earn money than Rod did in my entire career? I did not know that. But Roger kept telling me: "Do you know that Laver won more than 200 titles?"

Stauffer then analyzed Federer's 2017 Australian Open win: "If he had the chance to beat Nadal, it would be with the tactics, forehand and serve. But we were completely wrong. Now could he know that bis backhand would be the key of his title in Australia?"

Federer went on to retain his title in Melbourne the following year, 2018, defeating Marin Cilic in a five-set final.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Vxa49h

No comments