Breaking News

Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Djokovic are the best players ever - Lopez

In an interview to Onda Cero, the Madrid Open Tournament Director Feliciano Lopez commented on the greatness of Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic. "In the same time, the best three guys coincided. Federer thought that Madrid was the perfect tournament to prepare the French Open and we thought it was a perfect idea, tournaments win a lot with him", said Lopez.

On his daily job in Madrid, the 37-year-old said: "All days I wake up at 7:00 AM, I train a bit until 8:00 and then at 9:00 we hold a meeting, where every department explains what you can improve. What surprised me the most is the dimension that a tournament like this has and the number of people that work throughout the year for the ten days where the tournament takes place. I am the Director but not the chief because I am just learning."

Lopez would have loved to play in Madrid but he cannot: "Since the beginning it was very clear for me that I could not play since the ATP has a rule where any player who is involved in organizing a tournament cannot play it. Anyways, I plan to compete until the end of the year. Manolo Santana was happy that I would help him in organizing this tournament but he also gave me the responsibility; this tournament owns everything to Manolo, he convinced everyone to bring a tournament in Madrid."

Lopez is still an active player. He will skip the Rome Open, but he will get a wild card to compete in Geneva prior to the French Open. Last month he lost to Fernando Verdasco in the Barcelona Open first round.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Q0iNL9

No comments