Breaking News

Roger Federer would hold five-six French Open titles without Nadal - Thiem

In a press conference in Madrid Dominic Thiem commented on Roger Federer's comeback to clay courts. The Austrian said: "I think that Roger is also one of the best players on this surface of all time. The only thing that stopped him so many times is Rafael Nadal. Probably if Rafa wouldn't be there, he would win five or six Roland Garros titles. And even now he has an amazing career, win-loss on clay. And I think he also feels comfortable on the surface. He grew up on it as well for sure in Switzerland. He knows how to move and everything. So, doesn't matter where or which tournaments he plays, he will always be one of the favourites."

Thiem also commented on his meeting with the FC Barcelona defender Gerard Pique in the Camp Nou Stadium: "It was very nice to be -- to watch a little bit of their practice. I mean, I really love football, so it's nice for me not to only see the matches, but also see a little bit, how they practice and how their daily life is basically there in the practice grounds. And about the other thing, we will see. But I think it's going to be a great event in November."

Asked what he likes the most about competing in Madrid, Thiem replied: "I like the conditions a lot, the little bit of altitude, very dry air. So I think it's the fastest clay-court tournament. And the whole La Caja Mágica is magic (laughing), it's very nice. And one special thing for me is the food in the players' lounge, it's from an Austrian company, so it feeds very well."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2VhTAwE

No comments