Breaking News

Roger Federer: Younger players have not put me out of the tour

Roger Federer was asked if he remembered playing against a player he had never played before in a Grand Slam as he did against Lorenzo Sonego and Oscar Otte in the first two rounds and then on Friday when he will play against Casper Ruud. "It might have happened to me but it's quite rare, because with the years I have spent on the tour, normally I know the players, but it shows that there are new players coming in, and it's gradually changing. Up to now, it hasn't affected me and I'm happy about that. They haven't put me out of the tour, so I'm holding down the fort."

It will not be the first time that Ruud steps into the Philippe Chatrier: "I've trained there once, actually, a couple of years ago before they took it down. It was a great experience. I felt very good at playing on it. So hopefully I can have the same feeling when I play on Friday. I don't know if it will be on Chatrier or Lenglen, but anyways, it will be an amazing experience. And like you said, these are the matches that I work hard for every day and I dreamt of since I was a kid. So it will be an incredible experience and feeling for me, and I will try to enjoy it as much as possible, however, the outcome will be. But, you know, as I said, something I've dreamed about for many years", Ruud said.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2WthBFW

No comments