Breaking News

Rome Open is one of the most special wins ever for Rafael Nadal - Rusedski

Speaking on Amazon Prime the former world No. 4 Greg Rusedski commented on Rafael Nadal's success in Rome. The British pundit, following the Spaniard's win over Novak Djokovic on Sunday, said: “It is lovely to see, what it means to him. All the things he’s been through in Indian Wells as well as not winning a title since Toronto, I think this one will be one of the most special in his trophy cabinet. I’ve been lucky enough to go to the Rafa Nadal Academy and you see all those 17 majors lined up with all the tournaments he's won, Monte Carlo, Rome, all around the world. That one is going to have a really special place. I’ve made it back again from a lot of question marks.’ He talked about, ‘I don’t know how I’m going to get back, how the body is.’ Now he is back again.”

Rusedski then made a confession: “Before this match, I was putting Djokovic as a slight favourite ahead of Rafa. I look at the outside guys, Tsitsipas has said, ‘I’m coming to the party!’ He’s a guy we didn’t think was going to step up this quickly. If you took someone as the third favourite I’d have to say, Dominic Thiem, after Djokovic and Nadal. The wildcards are Tsitsipas and Fognini. Fognini is probably fifth or sixth because he can be brilliant or crash out early. That’s what I see happening, especially after today.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2JzaeXp

No comments