Breaking News

Serena Williams: 'Missing daughter Olympia first step broke my heart'

In a press conference in San Francisco, Serena Williams commented on her motherhood. In September 2017 the 23-time Grand Slam winner has given birth to a daughter called Olympia. Serena tries to spend as most time as possible with her but she also has to focus on training and matches. "I was sad that I missed her first step and that broke my heart. I know a lot of parents, that happens to but for me, definitely hands down, its is that", said Serena. "I want her to live her best life and the right way."

Asked what's the main advice she would give to the younger people, Williams added: "Have a good attitude when you approach something you can be completely terrified of. It's important because everything is mental. If you can overcome it mentally, then you can overcome a lot of stuff. When you are approaching a new project or approaching whatever it could be with your team or by yourself as a leader or a team member, it is so important to just go in with a positive attitude."

She concluded: "I feel like the more diversity we have in the area and the more ideas that we can bring, we can really just make it better. The world does not look like one person. The world is a plethora of people. Why would you want your business and company to look the same way?"

Williams will play the Rome Open next. She last competed in the Italian event in 2016 winning the championship clash against Madison Keys.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2V9r712

No comments