Breaking News

Stan Wawrinka: I am progressing toward higher goals

In an interview, Stan Wawrinka shared his feelings ahead of the Geneva Open. "Everything went pretty fast. After my Quick loss in Rome against David Goffin, it was clear I wanted to play. My level is there and since I had played very well in Madrid, I'd rather add another tournament instead of training. Also, it's Geneva. A tournament I won twice, in front of a crowd that always supported me. It was clear I would ask a wild card.

"It was just one of those days where things went bad. Frankly, I just coped with it bad on court. But that does not influence my confidence. I am satisfied with my level. Here I am again on the top 30. And if I aspire to something much better, it's already a real progress. Then, I can say my clay season is good. I could have won the match against Marco Cecchinato in Monte Carlo when I served for the win. But I also played very well in Madrid. Now there are two tournaments left, and before thinking about tbe French Open I want to play as many matches as possible here in Geneva. I will have a tough first round against Lopez or Dzumhur. Also, it's wet now but conditions can change. We will see."

Wawrinka lost to Rafael Nadal in the Madrid Open quarter-final earlier this month.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2JtEGlC

No comments