Breaking News

Stan Wawrinka: I know how well I can play at French Open

Swiss tennis superstar Stan Wawrinka was extremely satisfied with his French Open second-round performance against Chilean rising star Christian Garin. 

Wawrinka, the 2015 French Open champion, demolished recent Munich champion Garin as he lost a total of five games 6-1 6-4 6-0 in an hour and 40 minutes of action. 

The Swiss broke the Chilean twice in the first set to easily claim the opener. 

World No. 37 Garin put up a much bigger fight in the second set but Wawrinka managed to win the set as he converted his sixth break point of the fifth game to earn the crucial break of the set. 

Wawrinka, ranked at No. 28 in the world, then bagelled Garin in the third set to end the match in style. 

"I was really aggressive, moving much better than the first round... I think I have been playing really well," Wawrinka said post-match, per tennis.com. "It's for sure one of the best matches I've played in the last few months, the most complete match, also."

Wawrinka is now set for a third round showdown against Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov, who edged out Croatian Marin Cilic in a five-setter. 

"I know how well I can play here... this is just one match, I just want to be ready for the next one," Wawrinka added. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/30SZkRT

No comments