Breaking News

Boris Becker: 'Simona Halep needs a coach, but I cannot work with her'

The six-time Major winner Boris Becker suggested Simona Halep take a coach. This year the Romanian has been coachless so far. "The co-operation between Cahill and Halep worked perfectly until it lasted. But I think every top player should have someone in the really important and tough moments. When you get far like in the semifinals or finals, you need, as a player, to have someone next to you with who you can openly speak, before playing a match. That's for Simona too", Becker told Fanatik.

In late December last year, according to rumours, Halep and Becker would have worked together. But the German refused: "I love Simona, she can always come to me to ask anything, I would help her but I cannot coach her. I never coached a woman. It's very difficult to coach on the men's tour, just imagine on the women's."

On Halep, Mats Wilander said: "The problem is that she is yet to win a title so far and she did not play her best tennis in the final against Kiki Bertens in Madrid, and she may lose early in Paris. Anything can happen. Question marks stay on women's tennis where you cannot really know what can happen until the final."

Asked in a press conference what was the biggest tournament she could not play due to illness or injury, Halep said: "Last year Singapore when I couldn't play. But I never had something like feeling sick and I cannot play. It was an injury, hard injury. So in Singapore, the back, I think was the only one."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Z1RV0S

No comments