Breaking News

Stan Wawrinka not keen to open up on split with girlfriend Donna Vekic

In an interview in Geneva, Stan Wawrinka commented on how his private life has been going lately. The Swiss player reportedly split with his girlfriend Donna Vekic. Wawrinka did not want to open up about the topic. "I had many changes during my career (laughter). It's right that I handle things in a different way than I did ten years ago. I developed myself, I am slowly approaching the end of my career and I came back from a serious injury. I can handle things better now. It's not just my private life that can influence my tennis and what happens on court. But also other factors. I won three Grand Slam titles and more tournaments than I hoped to. So, during my career, I had to do more than just caring about my private life", said the former world No. 3.

Wawrinka mentioned the end of his career. Is he thinking about it? "No, I was very happy with my game level since the start to the year. Hopefully, I keep raising on the world rankings and win big titles again. That's my goal for the second half of the season. In order to do it, I will do my best every day like I always did over my career. I do not know if I will reach my goals quickly, in the long term or at all. I came back on the top 30, it's a good way to go. But with the career I had, it's true I always want more."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2JAh3Ik

No comments