Breaking News

Stefanos Tsitsipas on how he reacted to Roger Federer withdrawal in Rome

In an interview to Sky Sport, Stefanos Tsitsipas revealed how he reacted to the Roger Federer's withdrawal from their Rome Open quarter-final match on Friday, 17th May. The 20-year-old Greek said: "I was having lunch in the restaurant and they told me that Federer had pulled out. It had never happened to me before in my entire career. It's not a bad first time, especially against a champion like Roger. It was strange, I did not know how to feel about it. Against Fognini, I was focused, obviously the crowd supported Fabio, he is a local hero so I knew that. It was like music in my ears for me, i knew I had to stay focused and play my game, I did not distract too much and I just did my job. I felt like I could win every point, I did not win them all but I felt like I could do damage on every point. It was a nice atmosphere, Pietrangeli is one of my favorite courts."

On his hobbies, Tsitsipas added: "I enjoy photography and Steve The Hawk is my nickname. I share all the nice moments I am going through in my travels."

Tsitsipas lost to Rafael Nadal in the semi-final in straight sets. Nadal won his 34th Masters 1000 title against Novak Djokovic on Sunday, 19th May. Tsitsipas was the only player who did not get bagelled by the world no. 2 in Rome. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2K0TpUO

No comments