Breaking News

Thiem can go far, but Nadal is the ultimate French Open favorite - Melzer

In an interview, the former top ten player Jurgen Melzer commented on the Dominic Thiem's French Open chances. The Austrian said: "He is definitely one of the four guys who will win the title, for me Nadal, Djokovic and Thiem are the three that played better on clay and then there is Federer. Even if Dominic made a mistake in Rome, he can do well this year even if I think Nadal is the ultimate favourite."

On Thiem splitting with his longtime coach Gunter Bresnik, Melzer added: "I think it was not bad for his personality, decisions are up to him and you will see how he will develop in the next weeks, months and year. I think that was something necessary to him."

What does Thiem need to do to break the Big Three dominance? "He can win on all surfaces, I think you should give him a bit of time, now a new coach comes, he has new ideas and I think he will understand what misses to him. That requires time, his patterns are not bad. We are speaking of a world No. 4, but there are some things that, by getting improved, would make him a much better player. If he does not win Paris this year, he will win it next year or the year after."

Asked if he sees himself travelling over the world as a coach, Melzer concluded: "I should speak about it with my family. An Austrian player would be easier because I could stay at home. I should not definitely overcome the 30 week-limit over the year, but at some point, I could consider it."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2JZr41a

No comments