Breaking News

Without Williams and Sharapova, everything is more balanced - Suarez

In an interview, Carla Suarez Navarro reflected on how the WTA Tour has changed lately. The Spaniard believes that more players can go far in the major tournaments. "Serena marked the differences a lot and won everything and now that there are not Williams or Sharapova everything is more balanced and so you have a different champion every week. It's very good because we have competition and there can be more stories from different player", said Suarez Navarro. Asked what goals she would like to achieve, the 28-year-old added: "I would like to see people being pleased with seeing me play. On a sport level, I keep being excited to stay on the top 10, and I will try to go further than the Grand Slam quarter-finals."

Suarez Navarro is not pleased with the season she is having: "It's safe to say I had a bad year, one of the worst ones since a while, but Madrid will always be special for me. I am able to cancel all that happened when I am here and that's very important. The crowd makes me have this plus that I may not have during the year and I feel that motivation that I try to have in the other tournaments."

Asked if she keeps thinking that she may retire from tennis at 30 years of age, Suarez Navarro replied: "I have been in the sport for many years and I think the life is short to just think about tennis. I have a desire to become a mother and what's clear is that once I stop, I will not be back on the Tour, I do not want to be there at that age and so the end of my career is near."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/30bmGSc

No comments