Breaking News

Ashleigh Barty: Playing for my country is always a privilege

Ashleigh Barty added another feather to her cap when she became the first Australian to win the ITF's Fed Cup Heart Award for her amazing performance in the Semifinals.

The award includes a $10,000 USD ($14,426 AUD) grant for the charity of her choice, RSPCA. “Playing for my country is always a privilege and Fed Cup weeks are my favourite time of the year. I’m honoured to have won the Fed Cup Heart Award for my role in our semifinal win,” Barty said. “I’m looking forward to donating the $10,000 to my charity partner, the RSPCA. Animal welfare is close to my heart and I’m happy to help provide some extra support for the wonderful work the RSPCA do.”

“Having the chance to play in Fed Cup Final is something I have always dreamt of and I’m so happy we’ll be playing the final at home in Australia. It will be another great opportunity to pull on the green and gold and work together with Alicia (Molik) and our whole team to hopefully get the ultimate win for Australia.”

Presently ranked No.2 in the World, Barty boasts an astonishing Fed Cup record, having won 17 matches from the 19 she’s played, with a win/loss of 10-1 in singles and 7-1 in doubles.

Barty’s dominance has been a major factor in Australia’s quest for the Fed Cup. She’s not only won all six rubbers this year, she’s also made history as the first player to both play and win every possible match on the way to the final.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/31RaRl6

No comments