Breaking News

I refused to play Wimbledon doubles with Andy Murray, says Barty

In an interview to LTA, Ashleigh Barty revealed she refused Andy Murray's proposal to play doubles with her at Wimbledon.

The Australian player said: "When Andy texted me asking me to play, I was a little bit shocked, to be honest. Obviously, I would have loved to have grabbed the opportunity to play with Andy, and I think it was the hardest decision I have ever had to make as to whether I'm playing an event or not. I took some time to think about it, and playing three events is just a little bit too much. When a champion asks you to play at any stage, I was very flattered and honoured, and I said to him, 'I think there are some pretty good options out there for you'. I'm sure he'll find someone. It was nice to see him playing yesterday. You can see how much he missed it, how much he loves it. I think the whole world was watching. I don't think there was a person in the tennis world around the planet that wasn't happy to see him out there again."

Asked if he would play mixed, Murray replied: "Yes, I would like to, yeah. I have spoken to a couple of players. I've been rejected a couple of times so far (smiling). But, yeah, if I'm feeling good, yeah, I will. I sort of asked a couple of people to play, but I need to wait and see how I'm feeling first, and if I feel good, then I would like to, yeah."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Rz9DpM

No comments