Breaking News

Roger Federer: I didn't think I was gonna win the Halle title

Roger Federer defeated David Goffin in straight sets, 7-6 (2) 6-1, to win the Noventi Open. In a press conference,  the Swiss player said: "It’s amazing. For some reason I didn’t think I was going to make it anymore. Didn’t think of it much. I just thought match-for-match because the second round and quarters were so tough that I never really thought about how it would feel if I won and now it’s reality. [It’s the] first time ever I could win a title 10 times in one place, so it’s obviously a very special moment in my career."

Federer, analyzing the match played on Sunday, added: "He was the better player for probably the first 10 games of the match. He had more chances. He had big chances, too. Then I played a really good tie-break. I was able to run away with the lead getting the break early on in the second and I think that maybe calmed down my nerves. His level might have dropped just a tiny bit, but it was tough to play with the shadows, it’s a fast court. David of course also had a great week, so clearly he was feeling it from the baseline. But I was able to tough it out and at the end I was able to really play some great tennis, so I couldn’t be happier right now."

Federer has returned to Switzerland in order to enjoy a couple of days off with his wife Mirka and their four children. We will see him at Wimbledon next.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2IKNvpL

No comments