Breaking News

It will be strange when Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal retire - Schwartzman

Diego Schwartzman believes that tennis will change once the top guys retire. "It will be strange when Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal will no longer be around", the Argentinean player said.

On his three-set semifinal loss to Novak Djokovic, Schwartzman added: "Rome gave me a step up, I played many matches, I competed against the No. 1 and I came here with other feelings. I feel I will play a good tennis and I am feeling well on the court regardless of the result."

Asked what he would have achieved if he was taller, Schwartzman concluded: "I cannot speak of what would have happened because I did not have another height. I have what I have and it made me a better player and getting prepared for the tough moments."

Who will win the French Open? In an interview to GQ Magazine the former French player Arnaud Di Pasquale gave this answer. "Should I say it's Djokovic (a Lacoste official is close to him). I still think Rafael Nadal is the big favorite. Physically, the French Open, clay... If he goes through the first rounds without too many mistakes, he will improve. Behind him there are two or three. Dominic Thiem is a big player: he wins, play well on clay, he beat Rafael Nadal in Barcelona. He is the only one who wins every year against him. There is also Novak Djokovic. But he is less consistent. The goal of winning four Grand Slams in a row will motivate him, no problem. He wants to write history", said Di Pasquale.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2KAREhY

No comments