Breaking News

Alexander Zverev: My coach Ivan Lendl speaks about his round of golf

In a press conference Alexander Zverev criticized Ivan Lendl's effort. The German player believes the eight-time Grand Slam winner should focus more on tennis instead of talking about off-court things. “Sometimes we go on the practice court. The training is over two hours. And for half an hour he stands with his back to me and tells me about his round of golf," said the world no. 5.

On his legal dispute with agent Patricio Apey, Zverev added: “Hopefully, this issue won’t be an issue any more soon. It will become clearer over the next days. Everything will be slowly cleared up so that I can completely concentrate on tennis again.”

On how it feels to compete in the German event again, Zverev concluded: “I was incredibly happy to come back to Hamburg, just to be back home and sleep again in my child’s bed. After Wimbledon, I took a little vacation and went to Saint Tropez with friends. Now I have been back on clay, practising for the last 10 days and it feels good. I wanted to be at home this year, playing in Hamburg again. I am looking forward to the atmosphere, as the spectators will be behind me.”

Zverev defeated Nicolas Jarry in straight sets, 6-4 6-2, to seal a second-round clash against Argentina's Federico Delbonis who prevailed over the 2018 French Open semifinalist Marco Cecchinato.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Y551hB

No comments