Breaking News

Kyrgios should not have criticized Federer, Djokovic, Nadal - Ivanisevic

In an interview to We Love Tennis, the former world no. 2 Goran Ivanisevic commented on Nick Kyrgios criticizing Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic during an interview in May. "For me, it's too much," recognized the Croat. "They are together throughout the year on courts, on Tour and so I think you should not criticize colleagues. There is no fair play out there. You can have your preferences, but it's not necessary to mention it publicly. The same thing is for his celebrations. On this topic, I cannot support Nick. Also, I think it's a real error of communication, it does not lead to anything. Anyway, the truth always comes to court. So if you beat an opponent who you do not like, you can just smile to him when you shake his hand, that will be enough, but don't tell those things to media. This is a free criticism. Over my career, I never criticized my opponents. It's the principle, a rule on Tour."

In his career, who were the most controversial players he has seen? "I would say Marc Rosset, Jeff Tarango and me of course, even if I was never banned during my entire career. I broke rackets but that's all. After all, I never understood all the criticism around players who break rackets. They are ours. We have all the right to destroy them and to take one new in our bag. That's not unusual behaviour."

While about throwing a chair on the court as Kyrgios did in Rome? "It's more rare and surprising, but we cannot say it's dangerous. Anyone can make some buzz."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2McZDBZ

No comments