Breaking News

Rafael Nadal won't become a coach, says uncle

In an interview Rafael Nadal' uncle Toni spoke about Spanish player's Academy. "Rafael and his father had this idea. I keep doing what I like, which is coaching, and I also travel a lot in Spain. I feel very grateful for all what I went through with my nephew, but now I am in a new stage, I am excited and trying to coach the kids who come here to the Academy, bringing my knowledge in order to help them. When I started coaching in the Manacor Tennis Club, I had less knowledge, but I had a lot of passion and I was younger too. When I started coaching there, my desire was that someone coached by me would achieve something important. I know that having a player like Rafa again is almost impossible. My job here is to say how things should be done. During all those years I saw what I did well and bad with Rafael. I tried changing and improving. I try to bring this view to the kids. Some time ago some players asked me to work with them, I was ending with Rafael and I was not looking forward to do it. I think my job is much more useful with kids."

"I was always making comparisons to Rafael because all sports have something in common."

Asked if he sees Rafael coaching in the future, Toni concluded: "Not at all. He likes competing and making his best effort. I do not think he will have the desire to be behind a player when he ends his career."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/32TNuYH

No comments