Breaking News

Roddick: I was yelling at TV during Roger Federer-Novak Djokovic match

In a press conference in Atlanta, the former world no. 1 Andy Roddick commented on Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal's dominance. The American said: “I think there’s such an appetite with the news cycle that’s out there and the availability of content, I think the natural shift is to what’s next. Everyone always wants to know what’s next. A story sits for two hours and then something happens the next day and it’s gone. Tennis is no different. I hope people sit back and enjoy, take a moment with these guys and the way they’re playing and what they’re doing to the record books. I hope people appreciate every last shot that these guys hit.”

On the Wimbledon final won by Djokovic over Federer, Roddick added: “I was yelling at the TV, I was in the drama, I felt like a total fan. It’s hard to think that 10 years ago I was kind of having that same afternoon, but I just sit back and try to appreciate it. I’m watching and trying to figure out what they’re doing, what their strategies are, the adjustments that are being made and all the while I wish it was just talked about more in real-time as far as what adjustments are being made, what’s different in the fifth set than what was going on in the second set, so it was interesting. I thought it was great."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2yg5azj

No comments