Breaking News

Wife Mirka and children are priority in Roger Federer's life - Bollettieri

In an interview, the American coach Nick Bollettieri spoke about Roger Federer's ability to remain a great player at the highest level and at the same time being a dad and husband. In 2009, Federer got married to his longtime partner Mirka and they got four children. "Roger has managed to maintain a happy and healthy family life by making his beautiful family a priority in his life."

On the last week's Hall of Fame Induction of Yevgeny Kafelnikov, Li Na and Mary Pierce, Bollettieri said: "I want to welcome all of you in attendance to the 2019 International Tennis Hall of Fame. The International Tennis Hall of Fame is very important to our sport. It is much more than brick and mortar. The Hall of Fame is tradition and history, giving honor to people who did not pay entry with money but earned it with blood, sweat and tears. Those who never, and I mean never, said, I can't do it but found a way to do it. I congratulate Li Na, my man Mr. Yevgeny Kafelnikov. I also want to thank Todd Martin and his dedicated staff, not only for this special weekend but also for the continuous improvements to all the facilities at the Hall of Fame. A very special thank you to Jean-Yves Fillion for all the support BNP Paribas gives to the Hall of Fame and tennis. Now, I didn't forget, to our host, Brett Haber of the Tennis Channel, his humor, with it and wisdom should make him a Hall of Famer, baby. No matter how much time and thought I have given to find a way to tell you about my Mary, it would be very difficult in the short amount of time that I have here today. Mary, you see, is much more than a great tennis champion. Her credentials speak loud and clear: winning the Australian Open, the French Open, the finals of the US Open, and help France to two Fed Cups."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2LJebKf

No comments