Breaking News

Hurkacz: 'Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic and Nadal are all different'

In an interview, Hubert Hurkacz spoke about the many ways of trying to be successful. The Polish player, who is enjoying his first year in the tennis elite, said: "Every athlete is different and each one picks a different journey towards the goal. There is not a kind of personality that guarantees successes, including tennis. Roger Federer is different than Rafael Nadal and Nadal is different than Novak Djokovic. Each of them is different and behaves differently. It's not about being bad or good on court and off it. It's about loving the competition and fighting for every ball. And being calm doesn't mean I will make the opponent go away."

"I would like to have much more success and breakthrough faster. I had to understand that it's better to go stage by stage. It's important to have a plan and not change it after every loss. You have to trust the process. I have been loving tennis since I was a kid, I love the sport, I always wanted to fight for points and I always wanted to have the desire to be the best. I'm trying to learn as much as I can. Yeah, sometimes you're lucky. You have a couple of good matches. Then you're taking your chances, because, yeah, I think that's the way in tennis, you have to keep being positive in every tournament. And then the results will come."

On how he approached tennis, the world No. 44 concluded: "My mother used to play tennis. Yeah, that's how it started. I mean, I started to get some lessons from my coach, and, yeah, it begin early when I was, like, around five."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/30W2ZgF

No comments