Breaking News

David Goffin: 'It was the worst match I ever played with Roger Federer'

David Goffin lost to Roger Federer in straight sets, 6-2 6-2 6-0, in the US Open fourth round. The Belgian player, analyzing the match, said: "It's never easy. I start okay. I started with a break. But, you know, I was not feeling that great. He gave me the break. It's tough because against him you don't know why you miss easy shots. You have 20% of first serve. You don't know why you missing everything, easy balls. All of a sudden he's playing well. As soon as he's ahead, he has a set, then another set, then it's getting tough. For me, I knew two sets to love down, you have to take the next three sets against him, it's tough. It's tough mentally when you not playing well, you miss everything, and you absolutely don't know why.

He's playing so fast. He's serving on the line all the time. You don't have a lot of rhythm. You don't have a lot of rallies. As soon as you have, like I said, a chance, you miss the forehand or you miss the backhand or an easy passing or easy attack. Then it gives him a lot of confidence for the next service game. Yeah, he doesn't give you the time to play. He was great, but I gave the whole match. It's tough to say. But, yeah, probably my worst match against him I played, yes."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2ZGy1rX

No comments