Breaking News

Medvedev tries to learn from Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic to improve

Daniil Medvedev was asked to which player on the ATP Tour he was most similar. The Russian replied: "I would say I'm more similar to Novak Djokovic, but again, it's not for me to decide but more for you guys and the fans and experts on the TV. Me, I'm trying to learn my own way, the way I play. Of course, when I see Novak play against Roger Federer, for example, I can see something they do like amazing. Okay, maybe I can try and introduce it into my game in practice. That's what we do with my coach every day. For example, talking about today's match, I went on the court and thought, okay, I'm going to play flat, going to wait for some unforced errors from him, probably he's going to be nervous, first fourth round in his life. And he was playing all the lines. He was, let's say, destroying me. It was 6-3, 2-0. I just didn't know what to do. I did something I would not be capable of one year ago, I started playing as aggressive as I could, taking the ball as early as I could, which I usually don't do. That's why I won, and that's why this victory is even more precious."

On the comments around himself, Medvedev added: "I do read comments sometimes. Of course, it's just impossible to read all of them, because they go fast and then you cannot see them. But I do like to read comments about me, to learn also, to learn what people think about me, where should I be better or what should I keep. To be honest with you, especially after the last match, I learned a lot to myself. As I say, I need to be a better person on the court than I was the last match."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2HFwDzz

No comments