Breaking News

Rafael Nadal: 'I improved my serve to have a longer career'

Rafael Nadal hit more aces than a big server like Marin Cilic in their US Open fourth round match. Speaking about this statistic, the Spaniard said. "I improved my serve especially over the last couple of years and this year a bit more. Happy with the way I am serving, especially the second serve. I increased the speed, which helps. I always knew I needed to improve my serve to try to have a longer career and that's something we have been working hard on."

On the Matteo Berrettini v Gael Monfils quarter-finals, Nadal added: "It's a totally open match. There is not a clear favorite. Berrettini is having a great year and for me it's not a big surprise. Maybe Rublev was the favorite because he played so well during the whole event but Berrettini is playing great on all surfaces, then he got injured on clay after Wimbledon so he did not play Montreal and in Cincinnati he came without too many matches."

On his around the net winner on the fourth set, the world No. 2 concluded: "It’s easy to describe, but difficult to make. I don’t know, I think I followed the ball good because he had a good volley and I saw it, I ran fast to the ball and I saw at the last moment there would maybe be a small space on that side. I think it was the only way to win that point. I hit it well, but to hit that spot you need some luck."

Nadal will face Diego Schwartzman next.

 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/34j3fZJ

No comments