Breaking News

Rafael Nadal: 'Roger Federer puts pressure on the opponent all the time'

Rafael Nadal spoke highly of Roger Federer after his four-set loss in the Wimbledon semifinals.

The Spanish player said: "Of course, if I have been able to play very well during the whole tournament and today I was not able to play that well, there is always a reason. Probably because he was doing a lot of things well. He is always able to do the most difficult things easy. He's able to move inside the court quicker than no one. He puts pressure on the opponent all the time because he has the ability to take the ball earlier than nobody else. That's probably the most difficult thing to make that happen, and he is able to do it so well. I had my chances in the first set during the tiebreak with too many breaks in front two times. But he played some great points. He plays, as I said, very inside the court. He's not giving you sometimes time to open the court. Honestly, I didn't had that great feelings that I had the other days, no? When I was hitting the ball with the forehand, especially with the backhand, I was not able to open the court as the other days. You will not make him miss for speed of the ball. You need to make him miss because you put him out of position, no? Probably I didn't hit the ball enough clean to make that happen this afternoon. Then you are in a situation that he plays in his comfort zone, and is difficult from there for me - for me and for everybody, I think."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2jPCkCo

No comments