Breaking News

Roger Federer: My family kept my feet grounded

In an interview with SRF, Roger Federer spoke about the process of not getting too excited when you start having success in tennis. The 20-time Grand Slam winner said: "We can be excited but not immediately. Just see what you can do the following week. My parents kept my feet grounded. I would have never thought to be as good as I really am, but rather worse."

Counting on family and friends' support is the key for the Basel native. "Having them next to me when I travel is nice."

Federer plans to live in Switzerland for the rest of his life: "We want our children to grow in Switzerland. Our country is nice and fair."

David Goffin, Federer's next opponent, said: "I think I am a better player than the past. It's never easy against Roger, but it will be a great match on a great court, anything can happen. All the lights are green. Physically there is no technical problem and I feel mentally fresh. I think I am at my best. I gained confidence back. Going through a complicated time made me stronger."

In an interview with Eurosport, the American singer Ben Stiller spoke about his admiration for the 18-time Grand Slam winner Rafael Nadal. Stiller said: "I have been a fan for a long time. I like how he is. In tennis right now it's a special time with Roger, Rafa and Novak, those three great players playing for so long. He is a lefty, I am lefty. We met in Indian Wells in 2012 and we stayed in touch. It's always fun to be watching him. He is a great guy, has a great family."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2lFtIyL

No comments