Breaking News

Alexander Zverev denies he checked mobile phone in mid-match

Alexander Zverev was seen checking his mobile phone during a changeover at the ATP Finals in London during his match loss against Stefanos Tsitsipas. But the German denied it happened: "My phone was in the locker room, actually. I always leave it there. I don't know what they saw, but it was definitely not a phone", said the Hamburg native.

What could it be? "I mean, a water bottle? Empty water bottle maybe?"

On his difficulties during the season, Zverev said: "A lot this year has to do with my mental state and how it was during the year. So it was not tennis only. It was everything else. But I have said it a million times before. I think you guys know that already. So, yeah. I mean, it's going to be interesting. I just hope to finish the season strong. I just hope to kind of do the best I can here and get ready for 2020, because I think 2020 will be a very interesting year not only for me but for the young guys in general."

On his next match against Daniil Medvedev, Zverev concluded: "Is he out? He's out, right? No, he's not out. He's not out. If he wins in two... So there you go. He still has something to play for, I guess. He's not going to win in two, though. (Laughter.)"

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/32RfP0A

No comments