Breaking News

Amanda Anisimova shares emotional message about intense season

An 18-year-old Amanda Anisimova has had a breakthrough run so far in 2019, winning the title in Bogota and reaching the semi-final at Roland Garros that propelled her into the top-30, as by far the youngest player in that group. Amanda had to miss the last two months with an injury and family tragedy but she is ready to compete again in Asia, hoping for a solid end of the season and even better run in 2020, including Charleston where she made a debut this year, dropping the opening-round clash with Petra Martic.

Our player field is shaping up for quite an exciting tournament in 2020," said Eleanor Adams, Volvo Car Open Tournament Manager. "Interestingly, Belinda and Amanda both got their start at the Volvo Car Open when they were just 17 years old.

Belinda has risen through the rankings since then and is now a top 10 player and Amanda is the young American player to watch. Our fans are in for a real treat next year.

"It's Thanksgiving!! I want to thank everyone who has helped me in my achievements this year, stood by me during the most difficult time of my life, supported and always believed in me no matter what. I am forever thankful for everything my dad has done for me and will carry the lessons he taught me forever. I am very grateful to my mom and sister for their continuous support and encouragement. I want to thank my team and all the coaches who have worked with me and made me better. All my sponsors for sticking by me during the ups and downs, all my friends and fans (you guys are the best) who have cheered for me and gave me the strength to fight. And a special thanks to my agent Max and my IMG family for showing me all amazing opportunities in life and always keeping my best interests at heart."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/34xNGgF

No comments