Breaking News

Andy Murray: 'I would not put money on me winning Wimbledon now'

Andy Murray was asked about his chances at Wimbledon. The British player last competed there in 2017 losing to Sam Querrey in the quarter-finals before his hip forced him to stop competing for a while.

Murray, during the premiere of his documentary about the whole injury process he went through, said: “To play there, yes (I’m feeling positive), but winning? No. I wouldn’t put my money on me to win the event just now, but if I can get there and be pain-free, I can do well.”

On his expectations for the Australian Open that starts in January, Murray added: “I was asked what would be successful in Australia and I don’t know how I will perform – I’m not expecting to win the tournament – but if I can play a five-set match and get through and have no ill effects on the hip then that is success. Because I know I will be able to compete in the major tournaments without having to worry about it. I was asked what would be a success in Australia and I don't know how I will perform - I'm not expecting to win the tournament - but if I can play a five-set match and get through and have no ill effects on the hip then that is a success. I have played three-set matches and some long ones recently, but the best of five is an extra hour, hour-and-a-half on top of that so I will find out in Australia. If I can get through that tournament and get through some long matches potentially feeling good it would be a big positive.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/33pYyLW

No comments