Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'I tried hard, I changed, I was humble. Now I am a rocket'

Roger Federer is proud for the long career he is having. The Swiss player, speaking to Azteca, said: "I was famous for not being so solid, especially mentally. I was not the strongest mind out there, I was throwing my racket, started crying, it was just hard for me to get that right. And all of a sudden now to be famous for my longevity, for being so consistent is maybe one of the things I am very proud of, because I really persevered, I tried hard, I changed, I was humble enough to accept that I was struggling and I was able to change up. Today I am a kind of rocket solid player, a player who doesn't get broken. I am very happy I found a great balance on the road and also in my private life with my friends and family which is key."

Asked to pick one between Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi, Federer replied: "I have no preference. I really don't. I do not follow it enough to be an expert as well but I know that both are absolutely incredible. What I like about them is that they are quite different in the way they play but yet they are so incredibly successful and they also changed the way they play and I also think that when you are more a of a generation of player, you have achieved everything and there is more to come from Messi and Ronaldo too which is amazing."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2XRis1x

No comments