Breaking News

Caroline Wozniacki Plays with Kids in Copenhagen on Children's Aid Day

Danish tennis star Caroline Wozniacki was in Copenhagen on Tuesday and she took the opportunity to play with children at KB Hall on the occasion of Children's Aid Day, as per Bt.

Wozniacki took part in the program with 24 children and youngsters. Besides, hitting tennis balls with the Danish star, the youngsters also got a chance to get an autograph from the star and a selfie with the former World No. 1. Her brother, Patrik Wozniacki also accompanied her at the event.

The purpose of the program was to inspire more kids to become physically active in everyday life. Speaking about the event, Wozniacki said, “It's the fifth year in a row that I meet with the kids, and it's a day I look forward to every year. I think the kids are really cool and brave that they dare to show up and throw themselves into a sport they may not have tried before. In addition to having fun and having fun together, I also hope that I can help to show that it is important in life to dare to take the leap, to take the first step in one direction and set some intermediate goals. And remember to enjoy the small victories along the way, as I have done in my tennis career myself."

Wozniacki is a former World No. 1 and is among the most popular athletes in her nation. She is currently ranked No. 37 in the world. She is married to retired NBA player David Lee.

Below are some pictures from the event as well, courtesy BT.dk.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2rrZ5jk

No comments