Breaking News

Dominic Thiem:'Nobody deserves Fed Cup title more than Kristina Mladenovic'

Dominic Thiem spoke highly of France winning the Fed Cup title defeating Australia away from home in Perth. The Austrian player's girlfriend Kristina Mladenovic clinched the win defeating Ashleigh Barty after a thrilling match. Thiem, speaking after his win over Roger Federer in London on Sunday, said: "I didn't watch it. It was too early. I mean, I cannot disturb my preparation (smiling). But, I mean, what France did or of course what particularly Kiki did, she wrote history today to win the Fed Cup abroad in Perth with three points, beating World No. 1. Especially in the last year of this version of the Fed Cup is unbelievable, and probably she didn't realize yet what she achieved. Well, it's something very few players only achieve, so I'm super happy for her. Well, nobody deserves it more than her."

Mladenovic, after her win over Ashleigh Barty, said: “It’s been a long journey – it’s been a dream of a kid. I gave some much personally for this achievement in my career, something I wanted – you know, it was on the bucket list. And to be in Australia, to face such a strong team with the world No.1 and to have this thriller match with her, 7-6 in the third, I can’t believe… I still don’t really realise what happened. And to lift that trophy, it’s an unforgettable moment.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/33ANpZN

No comments