Breaking News

Gerard Pique: 'My door will always be open for Roger Federer'

In an interview to Mundo Deportivo and Tages Anzeiger the FC Barcelona defender Gerard Pique spoke about what he would tell Roger Federer if they had the chance to meet and speak for a while. Pique is among the investors of the new Davis Cup format. "I will try to understand him, explain him the plans we have in the Davis Cup, in the world of tennis there are many interests and he created the Laver Cup some time ago. He may see it as a competitor. My door will always be open to Federer in order to sit and speak together. I met his agent (Tony Godsick) a couple of times and our relationship was good. I have nothing against Federer. He is one of my idols", said Pique.

What's easier, seeing Neymar next year playing for FC Barcelona or Federer playing Davis Cup? "I do not know, it's two totally different things that depend on many factors but at the end of the day nothing is impossible in the world of sports, things that seem impossible to happen, happen. Let's wait and see."

On the reasons why he got involved in this event, Pique said: "I understood I want to work in the sports. I understand well this business. Now I have a big network. I thought I could make a difference in the Davis Cup and here I am. I am fascinated by team competitions. Especially in tennis, where players usually compete for themselves. Here they play for a team and their country. That's unique. That's why I liked the Davis Cup so much. I invested a lot of time in Davis Cup. I think we will better than before after this week. And next year, even better. We constantly learn."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2OgDxiJ

No comments