Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'Tennis is a game, not a job for me'

Roger Federer landed to Bogota, Colombia, on Thursday ahead of a new exhibition match with Alexander Zverev. The Swiss player said: "I am very happy to be back to Colombia, where there were the loudest fans in my career. People may think about the US Open night sessions but the biggest noise was when I faced here Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in 2012. Here I got the best ovation."

On his off-court goals, Federer said he wants to be a reference point for the younger generations: "I want to be a good ambassador of our sport and give a message of hope to the following generations. I like spending time with kids and motivating them for days or weeks in the future would be great. Being lovely toward the other people is the most important thing. I think younger players need to be passionate about the game, be motivated, always remember why they started playing tennis. I have the privilege of not calling it a job. The secret for not getting injured often is to find the perfect team, practice correctly and be smart. I understood that the game is tennis, my real life is at home and off the courts", said a father of four children. "Waking up in the morning for me is not just about winning the next match, that's a major mistake. It's also about what you do during the day, looking forward to a great day, with your family, friends, on the road, on the tour. Getting to know new people. That's what I like. I try to see the bigger picture than just the tennis goals."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2D5MMvL

No comments