Breaking News

'Rafael Nadal acted like a champion, while Medvedev...' - Davis Cup insider

In an interview to Cadena Ser Sergio Sabadello, coach of the Russian Davis Cup team, spoke to Cadena Ser about Daniil Medvedev announcing a last minute withdrawal from the Davis Cup Finals in Madrid. "The world No. 5 tells you he doesn't come... This is the difference between a leader (Nadal) and a good player. We learned Daniil's decision on Sunday and it made things complicated to the captain, but younger guys are like this. Imagine Nadal saying on Sunday that he doesn't play, everything changes."

On the new Davis Cup format, Sabadello added: "I think the organization has been very good. The format is great because every set is more competitive."

On Nadal's win over Karen Khachanov, he added: "Nadal is a lion who wins half of the match just thank to his attitude. He never served that well, which upset us. I think Spain is the favorite also because they have Feliciano Lopez and Marcel Granollers in doubles who are very good volleyers. And Nadal is a guarantee in all the points."

On the criticism around the new Davis Cup format, Chile's Davis Cup captain Nicolas Massu said: "I don't think too much about the new rules or the new Davis Cup. I mean, for me, the first thing is to represent your country. I mean, it doesn't matter for me if it's the old Davis Cup or the new one. For me, I come here with the same players that we play the last five or six years and I think -- now maybe after we finish the Davis Cup, I can analyze it even more. But I need more time to see some options. But I think that now we are here. I think the people who surround tennis, they know what they have to do. I mean, everyone that is around the tennis, they want the best. And I also support this sport because it is our life. But it's so soon to tell you exactly the option to change or to stay. I prefer to have more time to analyze."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/35r4q9d

No comments