Breaking News

Jannik Sinner: 'Winning what Novak Djokovic did would be crazy'

Jannik Sinner defeated Sebastian Ofner to win the Ortisei Challenger. During the trophy ceremony, as quoted by TennisTour Talk, the Italian player said: “Everything went quickly. Not that long time ago, I sat in the stands and watched the matches of Andreas. Winning the title here is a super feeling. To finish the season in front of this great crowd is fantastic. Friends and family are here. It was an fantastic atmosphere and the organization was great. I think, I did pretty well this year and deserved a bit of rest now in order to be ready for the next year."

On his relationship with Djokovic, who described him as the next star, Sinner added: "I trained with Novak together, we know each other. But the path is still a long one, it will take some years to get to the highest level."

Ofner added: “It wasn’t a bad final at all. Jannik is a great player and it’s difficult to play against him. Unfortunately, I couldn’t deliver my best tennis today but I can be pleased with the entire week here. I hope to keep it up for the next season.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2OtQpRc

No comments