Breaking News

Khachanov: 'Next match against Rafael Nadal? We will see if he plays...'

Karen Khachanov defeated Borna Coric in a three-set Davis Cup groups stage match in the tie between Russia and Croatia on Monday. The 23-year-old said: "I had chances to take the first set, but Coric served well. I could run for three hours. The main thing is that I clinched the point. I waited for my opportunities. Playing a long match was good. Okay, from one side I am tired but on the other one I took some rhythm". On his next match against Rafael Nadal, he added: "I do not think about it yet. We will see if he plays."

Roger Federer said: The family is the most important thing in my life. I am happy when my children enjoy themselves when I am on tour, that they have friends. I am very happy with how I managed to bring them and my wife together."

On why it took seven years for him to come back, Federer added: "I wanted to be back before, but it was not possible. Holding this kind of events is difficult, because I always have many commitments and I had a knee injury. I am happy now to be here again and to feel the kindness of the Buenos Aires crowd."

In an interview Stefanos Tsitsipas's father Apostolos spoke about his son's ATP Finals title in London. He said: "I am proud first as a coach because us parents have a big responsability. The best thing for me is that I have a humble kid, then you have successes. As Greeks we are great people, we can believe in ourselves and grow. Stefanos is self confident, he ignores the negatives and that's why he performs at his best. He made a lot of sacrifices. You need to love what you do."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3352NN7

No comments