Breaking News

Matteo Berrettini reveals how he spent US Open prize money

In an interview to Corriere Matteo Berrettini spoke about his upcoming match against Novak Djokovic at the ATP Finals in London. The 23-year-old Rome native said: "After Federer in Wimbledon and Nadal in New York, here you have Novak. I am ready, emotional but ready. Feeling grateful for all the great things that happened to me this year doesn't mean to sit. I will be competitive."

He was No. 54 in March, now 8. How does it feel like? "I like taking notes on my iPad, I wrote it on my diary just some days ago: it causes you headache but I like it."

Asked what was the biggest emotion so far, Berrettini replied: "The match against Rafael Nadal at the US Open. The whole journey in New York was crazy. If I think about the quarter-finals against Gael Monfils, I still feel emotional. The match point, the double fault, 7-6 in the fifth set. Unbelievable."

Berrettini was asked how he spent his $960,000 US Open semifinals prize money. The Italian, who has earned more than $2 million this year so far playing tournaments, said: "I bought two anels, my passion. One of them is on my neck." Asked why he keeps his beard, Berrettini replied: "I am lazy. My mother doesn't like it, Alja likes", he concluded.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2pO0eBu

No comments