Breaking News

Novak Djokovic: 'Having Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer immensely helps'

Novak Djokovic spoke about his big determination and motivation and how Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer make him still feel a huge desire to win. The Serb said: "I know that I will keep going - that is the thrill. I try my hardest to look at everything that happens in a positive way, and it does help immensely that I have great rivals around me. The injury was certainly a big turning point in my life, not just in my career, but also in the type of person that I am, in my character. It made me look deep within those moments and perhaps find something that wasn't clear to see, even for me. It's that insight that is helping me prevail, and will continue to, I am sure."

Djokovic has earned $128 million career prize money so far. He spoke about what it means to him. "I think it's very easy for financially secure people to come out and say money doesn't mean much to them, but when you first set out it is everything, because without prize money you cannot compete, and if you cannot compete your dream is dead. So I am not going to be one of those people because of course it is important and I cannot forget those days when it was a struggle", said Djokovic, who also spoke about his mindset: "It is true that the further you get down the road, the more the simple act of winning is at the forefront. And then a bit further along, family and parenthood takes over. I think that is the natural evolution not just of a sportsman but as a person; but with an absolute certainty I can say that the victories now are as rewarding and just as sweet as at anytime in the past, and when that sensation changes I will know it's the right time to quit."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Q39dJy

No comments