Breaking News

Novak Djokovic: 'We go head to head with Roger Federer'

Novak Djokovic lost to Dominic Thiem in the third set tie-break at the ATP Finals in London. The Serb will now play against Roger Federer in an all in match. "It's a round robin system, so I'm still in the tournament. We go head to head with Roger. Winner goes to semis. Loser doesn't qualify. As simple as that", said the Serb.

On Thiem, Djokovic admitted he was impressed: "I know that he can play in a high level, but tonight was just phenomenal. I mean, I had to fight, and I did. I'm proud of coming back from, you know, 5-6 down. He was serving for the match. I had the tiebreak. I mean, I was 3-Love, serve, 4-1 up, 5-4, you know, maybe should have played a little more aggressive in those moments, but credit to him."

On his progresses, Thiem said: "I think that there are two main factors. The first is that I really improve my aggressive game style. I'm coming in to the net way more, and that's just important on the hard courts. And then also, I said yesterday already, there are also some big advantages for me on surfaces like this. I don't get the backhand in uncomfortably. I can hit it most of the time in a pretty good zone for me. That's why I can go many times for a very risky shot, and the possibility that the ball goes in is pretty high because this surface makes it possible that I don't have to hit it too uncomfortable. These are the two main factors, I think."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2q7oXRe

No comments