Breaking News

Rafael Nadal never ceases to amaze me, says former Roger Federer's coach

Former Roger Federer's coach Paul Annacone spoke about Rafael Nadal leaving the ATP Finals with two wins and one losses. The American said: "It's just amazing. He knows he doesn't play well, he knows it's very realistic about what he is doing but what never ceases to amaze me is how well he stays in the moment regardless that this is his least favorite surface. Ball stays low, doesn't help with the topspin, it's a struggle for him to feel comfortable but he can win when he is uncomfortable. Most people can't. That's positive for him as well."

The former world No. 1 Jim Courier added: "Coming in with the injury often times we have seen him exit this tournament with injury and not been able to finish matches or this tournament. So far so good for Nadal, he doesn't seem to have had any problems with his abdominal. His serve numbers have been good throughout the tournament, very positive for him also with Davis Cup looming."

Stefanos Tsitsipas spoke about his loss to the Spaniard: "it was kind of funny. During the match I thought about it a couple of times, but at the end I really want to win, and that win means a lot to me because it's against a tough player, the current No. 1. So I came very close, and I would say I did leave something in the tank. I didn't really go full, full. I could have gone even more full than that, but I'm not disappointed by that."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/37jQBvc

No comments