Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'Celebrations with Nadal, Zverev at Laver Cup are genuine'

Roger Federer was asked if his celebrations with Team Europe players at the Laver Cup are honest and genuine. "For sure they are genuine," the Swiss assured. "We are very happy, Laver Cup is a new format. It's important to innovate in tennis. Many times our sport is very slow and I would like it to be faster. Laver Cup is a great way to be in the same team with players like Alexander Zverev, Nadal, Dominic Thiem, Stefanos Tsitsipas... We enjoyed ourselves for a week. Also, the tennis player is a winner, he wants to win and when we win and we can be finally together, we celebrate. Because we are usually alone with our teams. Almost always it's very silent and there are no opportunities to celebrate. It's definitely genuine."

On his wife Mirka, whom he first met in 2000 at the Sydney Olympics, Federer said: "If I had not known her, I would have had a similar journey in becoming a tennis player, trying to give my best. How much success? I do not know. I could have had half of it, which would have been unbelievable. I think she gave me a lot of consistency and support. She made me mature quicker because she is three years old other and she was already on the tour and she is a big hard worker. I just think her support and love was without any doubt the key for all my success."

Federer defeated Zverev in a three-set match in Mexico City.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2OOiJ0Q

No comments