Breaking News

Roger Federer shares how his recovery process changed over the years

Roger Federer spoke about how his recovery process evolved and changed over the years.

The Basel native said: "You recover faster as a teenager or in the beginning of your 20s, you play a tough match and without thinking about it, you just feel back to 100 percent after two days. I feel sometimes the same but it doesn't always come automatically. At 38 I got to make sure I do my warm-ups right, it's windy at the top, it's tough and I got to keep on improving and work really hard but it's definitely more quality over quantity nowadays because I know I can play long matches and I just got to be selective with my schedule and make sure with all my life, everything that is going on is so busy and so exciting that I know how much is too much and how much is not enough and especially I need to play enough matches because I do not want to spend only time on the practice court because my passion is to play in front of the people like I just did in South America. I was in Ecuador yesterday and in Mexico City on Saturday, we broke the all-time record for most people in front of 42,000 people, so I have a wonderful life and I hope I can keep that going and even if I have more eggs nowadays than I had when I was younger."

Federer is an ambassador of many huge companies: "I have been really fortunate to have so many wonderful partners and brands that can be an ambassador for. I remember once when I came here to the US Open in 2004, people were saying I do not have enough partners because the Americans focus very much who are your partners and that's how they judge you on how popular you are. In Switzerland it's a bit opposite, it's first what your tennis results are and then only later your partners.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/35wxVGP

No comments